Feeding Empty Little Tummies (F.E.L.T.), was founded in 2010 in Manatee County to feed homeless children on weekends, a time when these children often go hungry.
F.E.L.T. currently provides meals to 800 children every week. Your AGX donation will help feed additional children to achieve the goal of feeding 1500 homeless children each week..
Manatee County is home to approximately 3,500 homeless – many of these children. Each child in the F.E.L.T. backpack program is pre-qualified by Project Heart. Project Heart is the Manatee School District’s Title X Homeless Education Program, providing education related support services for students who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. Project Heart comes under the McKinney-Vento Education of Homeless Children and Youth Assistance Act. The defined qualifications are:
– Children and youth sharing housing due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or a similar reason
– Children and youth living in motels, hotels, trailer parks or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations
– Children or youth living in emergency or transitional shelters
– Children or youth living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations
– Children awaiting permanent Foster Care
FELT is a based on the foundation of volunteer, donor-generated charity. All proceeds go directly to providing homeless children nutritious food while not in school. Our volunteers graciously give their time and resources without compensation or reimbursement.